At Wicked Sober every client is important to us. We believe our clients deserve the best care possible. We try to place our clients into the proper treatment programs based upon what their needs are at that time. All of the facilities we work with and programs being offered are to help set up our clients future happiness and success in their sober life.
At Wicked Sober, we work with facilities that provide various levels of care for clients.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
- Clients are in a drug and alcohol detox for a period of 7-10 days. This is a time for them to be professionally monitored and weaned off of the substances that they were abusing by medical personnel. This is a stabilization period for the client. At the detox facility clients will be talking with a therapist, and attending groups throughout the day.
- Alcoholism and addiction are diseases that can potentially kill. Overdose is one of the many inevitable effects of drug use and drinking. It can happen to anyone who has been using drugs and alcohol and when it does the result could be death. This is the reality. Too many people are lost to overdoses every day that are suffering from addiction or alcoholism. And the addict or alcoholic isn’t the only one affected. Unfortunately it has been found that friends or relatives of victims are standing around helplessly, unprepared as their loved one turns blue, stops breathing and starts to fade away in front of them. Each year the number of accidental drug overdoses continues to rise in Massachusetts.
- During inpatient treatment, the client will reside on the premises of the treatment center. Clients will attend groups throughout the day, as well as one on one therapy to help them learn new ways to cope with everyday life stressors and work on any issues from the past that have arisen. Clients will also have the chance in this environment to practicing adapting back in to daily routines, they will be asked to wake up at a specific time, make their bed and keep their bedrooms tidy. Families are also asked to join in for group therapy in this type of setting. Meals are provided here, as well as different nutrition options and work out facilities. There are also set hours to use the phone in this type of setting.
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
- Partial Hospitalization is a step down from being in an inpatient program. During PHP, clients are moved from a more restrictive setting to a less restrictive setting. During PHP clients are given more responsibilities, but in turn more privileges. Clients are still required to attend groups throughout the day, and see their therapist, but they will now be grocery shopping for themselves and have access to the telephone throughout the day. Clients at some facilities will even be allotted times to visit with sponsors, or family members. Once in PHP, clients will be taken to AA, NA and CA meetings. Clients will also be responsible for obtaining a sponsor and starting to work on the steps within a fellowship.
Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
- IOP is the next step after being at PHP. During IOP, the client will meet with their group for a few hours three times a week. They will be randomly drug tested here and required to attend meetings and be working with a sponsor in one of the fellowships.
- Aftercare follows IOP, and meets once a week. It is a time for clients to check in with one another and their therapists; to be held accountable and continue talking about progress that they have been making.
For more information Contact Wicked Sober today at 1-855-WKD-SOBR (1-855-953-7627)